Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Getting ready for the season......





Yes it's been awhile again since I have blogged. Lots of news to share - was invited to be on the West Linn Arts Festival Board as their Advertising Coordinator. That's a pretty cool milestone for me. I get to hobnob with lots of very talented artists and maybe my jewelry will get seen by more potential customers. And I am hoping to enroll in my first metalsmith class for spring term. And I finally got a rawhide mallet!!! Now to most people that would not be very exciting news - but it is to me!!!! Rawhide won't mar my piece when hammering. So can't wait to try it out. I am slowly but surely buying all the various tools I need - one at a time.....so it will take awhile. But I will get there.
In the meantime here are some new pieces to share with you. Check out the fabulous lampwork focal bead in the Amethyst and Labradorite bracelet. The bead was made by Whitney Lassini, a very talented lampwork artist. The second pic is Black Tourmilated Quartz bracelet and the third is a very heavy gauge sterling silver wire wrapped with various gemstones and crystal dangles. It was very fun to make and has lots of springtime colors.


Caio......


K

No comments:

Post a Comment