Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wilsonville Art Festival 2010

My 1st outdoor show this year was at the Wilsonville Art Festival, featuring works of 75 talented artists. As usual per our wonderful Portland metro area weather it absolutely POURED during set-up on Friday and on Sunday. However, Saturday was the most perfect weather you could ask for. Suprisingly I did rather well on Sunday for two hours and then nothing for the rest of the day. We all packed up early and split!!! I will post some pics later. Met some great people and most of all got to hang out with my friends Julie and Paul Breck, of Imaginary Metalarts. Paul's metal sculptures are just awesome - this man has more talent in his big toe than I will ever have!!! Bought this great fish from Deanna Hanson - a very talented potter. Gave it to my husband for his birthday yesterday and he loves it, which is a good thing. Especially since he spent much of his birthday weekend helping me instead of fishing which he would have rather been doing.......

Looking forward to the next show - the Gresham Art Walk on July 17th in downtown Gresham, Oregon. There will be about 80-100 artists there and hopefully this time the weather will participate.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment