Sunday, July 18, 2010

Soul Searching


Lying in the sun,
feeling the warmth envelope my body and soul,
I think about things a long time passed,
and wonder why I chose this particular path to go down.

Is it too late for change, I wonder?
Am I too old, too set in my ways, too selfish?
Would I be able to see things diffently then I did before?
Would it, could it be worse then it is now?

Knowing it's so much easier to think about it,
then actually take the first step,
but I feel myself drawing closer and closer to changing,
doing things different, and maybe being alone for the
first time in a long time.

Will I jump in feet first into the deep end or do as I always do.....
take the plunge head first and hit my head on the bottom of the pool.
Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment