Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Getting Ready for the Art Fair




As usual I am waiting until the last possible second to get ready for a show (see link below to daVinci Art Fair). I still have to re-tag all items and make sure there are no rough edges lingering on any pieces and polish everything so it looks really pretty. I still don't know my table size which means various display options have to come into play. Last year due to my late acceptance my table was only 2 x 4 which totally caused me to re-think my options. This year it's suppose to be at least 5 feet but so far I haven't been able to get an answer. I am going "tropical" though - that much is for sure. My great friend Kristi gave me some cool beach things - starfish, shells, etc and I have an awesome table cloth from India that will be perfect. Adding bamboo boxes for risers and there ya go. I have really gotten into fibulas this year - they are so much fun to make. You don't really know what you're going to come up with until you start twisting the wire.

Definetely the new pup has put a crimp into my jewelry time since he gets into absolutely everything. He takes anything he sees and runs away with it dangling from his mouth. It's been a game trying to grab stuff while in the process of twisting a piece of wire, while Zeus is trying to play tug of war.

Anyway - TGIF (well actually it's Wed nite before turkey day) and the start of a 4-day vacation . So time to get it all together and pray for a profitable show. If any of you are in the neighborhood drop by and see all the talented artists - something like 65+ are scheduled to be showing their wares.

Happy Turkey Day!!
k

1 comment: